- Nakao, H. in press. A quantitative history of Japanese archaeology and natural science. Japanese Journal of Archaeology, 6(1): xx-xx.
- Nakagawa, T., Nakao, H., Tamura, K., Arimatsu, Y., Matsumoto, N., and Matsugi, T. 2017. Violence and warfare in the prehistoric Japan. Letters on Evolutionary and Behavioral Science, 8(1), 8-11. (doi: 10.5178/lebs.2017.55)
- Nakao, H., Tamura, K., Arimatsu, Y., Nakagawa, T., Matsumoto, N., and Matsugi, T. 2016. Violence in the prehistoric period of Japan: the spatiotemporal pattern of skeletal evidence for violence in the Jomon period. Biology Letters, 12: 20160028.(doi: 10.1098/ rsbl.2016.0028)
Nature Research Highlights /
The Washington Post /
Release by Okayama University (in Japanese) /
朝日新聞 (in Japanese) /
- Sugawara, Y. and Nakao, H. 2015. What's new with the mechanistic philosophy? Comments on In Search of mechanisms: Discoveries across life sciences. Taiwanese Journal for Studies of Science, Technology and Medicine, 21: 233-240.
- Yoshida, Y. and Nakao, H. 2015. Evo-devo as a motley aggregation: Methodological and theoretical diversity in the 1980s. Biological Theory, 10: 156-166.(doi: 10.1007/s13752-014-0197-4)
- Nakao, H. and Andrews, K. 2014. Ready to learn or ready to teach: A critique to the natural pedagogy theory. Review of Philosophy and Psychology, 5(4): 465-483. (doi: 10.1007/s13164-014-0187-2) (penultimate draft)
- Nakao, H. and Machery, E. 2012. The evolution of punishment. Biology and Philosophy, 27(6): 833-850 (doi: 10.1007/s10539-012-9341-3) (penultimate draft).
- Nakao, H. and Itakura, S. 2009. An integrated view of empathy: Psychology, philosophy, and neuroscience. Integrative Psychological and Behavioral Science, 43 (1): 42-52.
＊Full list of presentations.